Frederick B. Rosner
Frederick B. Rosner practices in the areas of bankruptcy law, commercial litigation and corporate transactional work. Fred's diverse practice includes lead and Delaware counsel representation of chapter 11 debtors, creditors' committees, liquidating trusts, secured and unsecured creditors, indenture trustees, bondholders, officers and directors, insurance companies, unions, debtor-in-possession lenders, intellectual property licensors, acquirers of assets and investors in workouts and bankruptcy cases. He has represented clients in a wide variety of industries, including retail, real estate, airline, healthcare, shipping, manufacturing and technology.
Admitted to practice in Delaware and New York, Mr. Rosner is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute and the Delaware Inns of Court. He is a 1982 graduate of Hamilton College and a 1986 graduate of Brooklyn Law School, where he was awarded the Philip K Younge Prize for Outstanding Achievement in Bankruptcy and Commercial Law. Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Rosner served as law clerk to the late Honorable Conrad B. Duberstein, Chief U.S. Bankruptcy Judge for the Eastern District of New York.
Fred serves on the mediation panel for both the District and Bankruptcy Courts in Delaware. He received mediation training at the Institute for Conflict Management: 40-hours Mediation Certification Course (2004).
- Contributing Author, Collier on Bankruptcy, §§ 701, 702, 703 and 705, Matthew Bender & Co.
- Contributing Author, The Effect of Bankruptcy on Leasing, Current Leasing Law & Techniques, Matthew Bender & Co.
- Contributing Author, Warren's Weed New York Practice, Bankruptcy, Matthew Bender & Co.
- Contributing Author, Bergerman and Roth, Forms: Bankruptcy Affecting Real Estate, Matthew Bender & Co
- Co-Author, "Debtor in Possession Financing: Problems with Loan Participants," National Law Journal
- Co-Author, "Priority Claims for Trust Fund Taxes," The Bankruptcy Strategist
- Co-Author, "Commencement of the Chapter 11 Case," Practicing Law Institute
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Frequent lecturer and panel member on topics of corporate restructuring, bankruptcy and related insolvency issues. Mr. Rosner appeared on CNN to discuss proposed 2005 amendments to the Bankruptcy Code.
- Lecture, “Pursuing Avoidance Actions,” 2009
- Lecture, “Landlord-Tenant Law,” 2009
- Lecture, "Fundamentals of Bankruptcy Law and Practice," 2005
- Lecture, "Cutting Edge Bankruptcy Issues," 2004
- Lecture, "Revised UCC Article 9 - Secured Transactions Revisited," 2004
- Lecture, "Problem Loans in Delaware," 2003
- Lecture, "Liens and Credit Issues in Bankruptcy," 2002
- Lecture, "Creditors' Rights in Bankruptcy," 2002
- Lecture, "Bankruptcy Litigation," 2001
More Attorney Profiles